Sunday, October 12, 2014

ARC Review: Gypsy by Trisha Leigh


Title: Gypsy by Trisha Leigh
Publisher: Self
Release Date: May 7th, 2014
Genres: Drama, Action, Romance
Medium: Paperback ARC via Author

Gypsy by Trisha Leigh was an spellbinding novel full of edge-of-your-seat action, exciting drama, and believable romance. This novel hooks you right away from it's originality and unique voice, and is definitely a series you don't want to miss.

Starting off, what was the biggest thing that drew me in about this novel? The setting. The moment I found out this novel was set in the beautiful city of Charleston, South Carolina, I knew I had to read it. A bit of a backstory here, last summer I vacationed in the charismatic city and for one week, I was in paradise. More than a year later, here I am, and I have not been able to get the charming city out of my head. In a few years time, I will be moving there to continue my career. Trisha Leigh wrote Charleston into this novel perfectly. She describes the city in perfect detail, and allows you to lose yourself in the city though her words. I could clearly picture the streets and areas in my head, remembering the quaint streets and the inviting homes. It was fantastic. And aside from that, the plot was brilliant. It was a perfect mix of slightly apocalyptic action, drama, and a touch of blossoming romance. The exciting and fresh plot draws you in and refuses to let you go. There isn't a minute that passes without something exciting happens, and it leaves you craving more whenever you are forced to pause in your reading.

The characters are as charming as the setting. They are interesting and all manage to be unique, despite the large amount of characters. Each has certain traits that define them, and they all involved in a complicated tangle of relationships that is very interesting to explore.

Along with that, the writing is also great. It's concise, yet descriptive and full of inner conflict and monologue at the same time. Trisha Leigh writes with an uncanny ability to keep the reader interested, no matter the situation or lack of action. Her tone of writing is as exciting as the plot; it's fast, riveting, and full of suprises.

All in all, this was a great novel full of twists and turns you never see coming. I will admit that I had trouble getting into the novel in the beginning, that the beginning is slightly slow, but it picks up and redeems itself about halfway though. The last half is packed to the brim with drama and romance, and surprises await you at every turn. This first installment of the Cavy series is one you simply cannot miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment