Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Fallen In Love by Lauren Kate (Book review)




Title: Fallen In Love by Lauren Kate
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Release Date: January 24, 2012
Genres: Romance, Drama, Fantasy, Paranormal
Medium: Paperback, bought

I will start off by stating that Fallen In Love is actually #3.5 in the Fallen series. It comes between Passion and Rapture, and is a mini-collection of the love stories of the main characters. Set in the Middle Ages, it tells the stories as follows: "Love Where You Least Expect It: The Valentine of Shelby and Miles , Love Lessons: The Valentine of Roland; Burning Love: The Valentine of Arriane; and Endless Love: The Valentine of Daniel and Lucinda" -Taken from Amazon.com description.

I absolutely loved this short collection of stories. The book could have possibly been read after Rapture (and after the series is over) or right after you finished Passion. Since I had just finished Passion, and this one seems to bridge the gap between the two novels, I decided to read it now, and I am very glad I did. It was a sweet, quaint little read, and a very quick one at that. And I do love quick reads. If you've read the series or are reading it, do pick this one up.

The writing (of course) stayed true to Lauren Kate's style. It was no different than her other novels, and also reminded me that I better get to reading Rapture! I will definitely try to run out and buy this one soon. But anyway, the writing was wonderful, sweet, and definitely page-turning. The characters are relatable and written perfectly, like always. It's a very pleasant, quick read.

No comments:

Post a Comment