Monday, October 7, 2013

The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore (Book Review)


Title: The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore
Publisher: Harpercollins
Release Date: August 23, 2011
Genres: science fiction, fantasy, romance, action
Medium: paperback, bought
I absolutely loved I Am Number Four and the minute I finished it, I knew I would be reading the sequel. I Am Number Four was good, but I believe the sequel (The Power of Six) was better. This novel was action packed, thought-provoking, romantic and funny at times, and always suspenseful. 
The plot was perfect. The Power of Six was full of twists and turns and many surprising plot twists. Suspenseful situations and light emotional scenes were equally distributed throughout the novel. It was very hard to put this novel down! The characters were also perfectly done. They were completely relatable, intriguing, and it was very hard to imagine anything bad happening to then. You really do fall in love with Four, Six, Seven, Sam, and the rest of group.
The Power of Six's writing was impeccable. Pittacus Lore ceases to provide a novel I don't enjoy. He manages to switch from a full-throttle action-packed sci-fi scene, to a light hearted, romantic scene without a single trouble. He navigates through different POVs and opposing action without any trouble. He brings the characters together and I twines them in a deep plot, letting them slowly unwind it. Pittacus Lore also brings the readers in, gripping them by their shirt collars (do people still wear collared shirts?) and doesn't let them go until the very end, which goes out it's a bang and leaves you with a sigh. I can't wait to read the sequel to this amazing series.

No comments:

Post a Comment