Saturday, August 10, 2013

Author Talk with Erin Vincent

Author Talk!

Erin Vincent- (Author of Grief Girl)
 
 
 
 

Erin Vincent has recently completed the novel Grief Girl, a compelling novel based on the true-story of her life, as her parents were killed in a car accident. At the age of seventeen, she is forced to take on the responsibility of raising her younger siblings. Her novel is her story of their deaths and how she learned to cope with grief.

I asked Erin (if she could write anything else after/besides this) what she would write.

Her response: "There's a book I have adored since I was 12 years old - THE SECRET DIARY OF ADRIAN MOLE AGED 13 3/4 by Sue Townsend. It is so funny and heartfelt and brilliantly written. Oh how I wish I could write like that. But, there's no point in trying to mimic someone's writing style. I tried that when I was younger and it just doesn't work. One must be true to oneself. I'm a bit of a quote freak and there is one I love about expressing your true self by the innovative modern dancer and choreographer Martha Graham -

“There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and will be lost.”

No comments:

Post a Comment