Friday, August 30, 2013

Warm Bodies by Issac Marion (Book Review)


Book: Warm Bodies by Issac Marion
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Release Date: November 1st, 2011
Genre: Paranormal, horror, fantasy, science fiction, romance, action
Medium: Paperback, bought 
 
Warm Bodies is one of the best books I have ever read in my entire life. It was an amazing breath of fresh air, a cleansing, wonderful, piece of art. I absolutely love how what this author and novel has done to expand the genres of Young Adult and fiction overall, and I am completely and utterly pleased with this novel.
 
Now, on to my real review. The characters in this novel were simply stunning. R is a character that I instantly fell in love with, not just on a personal level, but a deeper level also. His character was completely lovable and in touch with his human side. Julie became one of my favorite characters throughout the novel also, as she is not your typical female protagonist. Straightforward, open-minded, and free-willed, she was my type of character. 
Onto the writing: I can imagine Issac Marion's voice jumping out in a room of nondescript words and faces, a light at the end of the tunnel, one bright spot in a life of grayscale... I could go on and on. This new author has the voice and talent half the other authors his age can't possibly possess. His writing completely conveys every sense of fear, love, courage, and of course, hope, the very things R stands for. I seriously got so immersed in this novel that I caught myself believing that I was living inside that world, like I forgot that I was reading the novel, not living in it. But this is a perfect example of Marion's work: magical, unforgettable, and completely mind changing and memorable. I give it five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment