Sunday, August 11, 2013

Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl (Book review)


Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Date Published: October 12th, 2010
Date Read: August 11th, 2013
Genres: fantasy, paranormal, romance
Medium: Hardback, bought

Beautiful Darkness was a delicious read. In my opinion, it was better than the first novel, Beautiful Creatures, which is something I do not get to say often. This series harnesses all the great points that make a novel so good. The characters, bother new and old in this sequel, were all perfectly described and built. They each have weaknesses and strengths, have their own unique personalities, and all make you feel like you know them personally. This novel had more twists and turns in it, all of which I devoured. There were moments of romance, jealousy, sadness, anger, horror, all perfectly spaced. I personally fell in love with Link's character from the beginning. His humor and personality caught my eye, and I was glad to see him having a larger part in this sequel. This novel was gorgeously written, and ended with a pretty good cliffhanger. I will be staring on Beautiful Chaos within the next few weeks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment