Monday, March 2, 2015

Review: Bloodlust by Alex Duval


Title: Bloodlust by Alex Duval
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release Date: June 1st, 2006
Genres: Drama, Action, Paranormal, Fantasy
Medium: Paperback, Bought

I'll agree with some of the other reviews I've read. Yes it's simple, yes there's nothing extremely differentiating between this novel and other vampire fiction and nothing really unique about it, but I did enjoy it.

The plot, like I've said, was very simple and expected. It is much like every other vampire  novel out there. The greatest difference, however, is that the main character is a male, and making it even more unusual, the girl he is crushing on is the vampire. Usually in vampire novels, I am struck with crazy hormonal teenage girls swooning over a big strong boring male vampire, which usually results in a boring and two dimensional romance. However, I was pleasantly surprised at this change in roles. Getting to experience this point of view was quite nice. I also loved several little features in this novel: the swim team, the things about these particular vampires that make them different from the rest, and the playing-hard-to-get romance. And oh boy, how do I love the main character's best friend who is film-obsessed and always has a camcorder in hand. I love that! Sounds like my kind of guy.
The writing was nice. It was flowing and really grabs your attention. It's very fun and light, and really holds your attention. I know I was addicted to it and couldn't wait to see what happened next. There was several plot twists and turns that I didn't see coming and that only grabbed my attention more.

Overall, I see a lot of promise for this series and I will continue to read it. It's very entertaining so far and I cannot wait to see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment