Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Review: The Returned by Jason Mott


Title: The Returned by Jason Mott
Publisher: Harlequin MIRA
Release Date: March 25th, 2014
Genres: Mystery, Action, Drama
Medium: Hardback, Won

The Returned was a fantastic novel of epic proportions. It was a wonderful mix of mystery, love, family, and faith. Honestly, when I began reading the novel, I didn't know exactly what to expect, but I did have somewhat of an idea. However, the novel turned out to be the complete opposite, and I'm not exactly sure how to feel about that.

First off, the plot was actually quite interesting. I loved the mix of mystery and religion, which is a duo you don't get to experience often. It was very exciting. The characters were so life like and very relatable, even though they were in such a perplexing situation. The plot of having the dead come back to life (and with such a wonderful religious take on it) was an absolute stroke of genius. It was completely unique and realistic. Honestly, I don't think the author could have better conveyed the emotions and actions of people if this situation actually occurred. At times, I did find it a little repetitive and boring, but for the majority, it was great!

The writing was also fantastic. The southern twist on the writing was an added bonus, and honestly, I found no faults with the writing. It was descriptive, emotional, and had several twists and turns I never saw coming. It was great.

Overall, I loved the novel. I definitely recommend it. I am very excited to hear that it will become an adaptation. I cannot wait to see this story play out on the television screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment