Thursday, March 19, 2015

Review: Hushed by Michela DiMarco


Title: Hushed by Michela DiMarco
Publisher: Self
Release Date: November 12th, 2014
Genres: Romance, Drama, Action, Mystery
Medium: Signed paperback, Won

This novel was definitely not what I expected and I loved every second of it. It was action-packed, full of dramatic characters, packed with twists and turns I never saw coming, and so much more. The plot was riveting and the writing was flowing and addictive. I finished this novel in about 2 days. That's how much I enjoyed it.

The plot was exceptional. From reading the synopsis, you do not expect much, honestly. And if I am to be brutally honest, the cover photo also misleads readers. The cover (mixed with the vague synopsis) honestly gives off an abuse/rape vibe. That sounds odd, I know, but I'm being completely honest. I absolutely loved this novel, but I feel as if potential readers will be scared off by the cover and vague synopsis. That is the only thing I would recommend changing. The plot was perfect, there was so many plot twists and turns that made me want to give a standing ovation, and just the overall drama of the novel was perfection.

The writing was great. There was a bit of wordiness here and there, but for the most part, it was pretty spot on. I loved the descriptiveness and the ease with which the author placed you in the story's setting, making you feel like you were right there with the characters. It was so scandalous! I loved it. It flowed smoothly and was very addicting, as I finished it in a short amount of time.

Overall, I loved this novel and I cannot wait for there to be a sequel! (And there better be a sequel. I cannot go on without finding out how this ends!) I beg readers that love drama to look past the cover and synopsis, and instead, focus on the inside. (How cheesy does that sound?) It's a fantastic novel that I truly want to share with readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment