It's time for a NaNoWriMo update! We are a little over a week into this year's national writing incentive and I'm here to share with you what I have accomplished in this first week!
First of all, I'll repeat what I posted at the beginning of the month. Instead of writing a completely different book this November, I instead decided to rewrite what I believe is my best novel ever. After writing it for the first time back in 2011, I attempted my first trial of the Big Payoff: getting published. I sent my query out to hundreds of agents from all over the country, and actually had a handful who were interested, but couldn't take on another novel at the time. So I quit querying and began working on other works. Now I return to it, since I cannot keep my mind off of it. I believe that once I rewrite this and actually fix the plot to flow better, and change some of the events around, maybe I'll have a chance at hooking an agent and getting this thing published.
So, the first time I wrote and edited this novel, the final first edition came out at:
346,091 Characters - 63,905 Words - 4,368 Sentences - 2,216 Paragraphs - 15 Avg. Sentence Length - 28 Chapters
Now, one week into rewriting it, I have written:
53,955 Characters - 10,019 Words - 626 Sentences - 262 Paragraphs - 17 Avg. Sentence Length
- 3 Chapters
With three more weeks, I'm sure I can get this novel finished. I've already got about 1/6 of it done (by word count) Once I get it written and I've puked all I can up onto the paper, I'll begin editing in December, and start querying again in January, just in time for the big publishing boom. So fingers crossed and stay tuned for next week's update! :)