Sunday, November 17, 2013

Update 2! NaNoWriMo 2013


It's that time again!! We are officially two weeks into NaNoWriMo 2013. It's time for an update! I've been writing nonstop all weekend (and I do mean nonstop). Beside me, I've had hot chocolate and popcorn-flavored jellybeans (meal of champions) and I've managed to make a big dent in the 50,000 words I'm supposed to write before the end of the month.

So, the first time I wrote and edited this novel, the final first edition came out at:

346,091 Characters - 63,905 Words - 4,368 Sentences - 2,216 Paragraphs - 15 Avg. Sentence Length - 28 Chapters

Now, two weeks into rewriting it, I have written:

128,046 Characters - 23,729 Words - 1,524 Sentences - 669 Paragraphs - 16 Avg. Sentence Length- 8 Chapters

And to recap, I'll begin editing in December, and start querying again in January, just in time for the big publishing boom. So fingers crossed and stay tuned for next week's update! :)

AND, because we are halfway through NaNoWriMo, here's a sneak peak at my book. It's copyrighted, so don't even try to steal. If you even consider yourself a writer, you won't steal. Authors who plagiarize are pathetic. So on that happy note, here's a sneak peak!

Without warning, he leaned down and pressed his lips to mine. Surprised, I pulled back a little, but soon found myself leaning into the kiss. Our lips began to move in sync, as we were with another. For once, I felt as if I belonged.

"You do," he whispered, pulling away for a second to whisper to my lips. "You do belong. In my world. And I swear, I will try and I will make it work, make us work, but first you need to hear the whole story.


Stay tuned for next week's update! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment