Sunday, November 24, 2013

NaNoWriMo 2013: Update 3

It's that time again, my blogglings! (That word sounds like aliens to me, for some strange reason. Anyway...)

It's the end of week three of NaNoWriMo 2013 and we are closing in on the end. I am so happy to have participated in my first year of NaNoWriMo, and I will definitely be doing it again next year! Next week, I will be bringing you the finale and (hopefully) be telling you that I completed the challenge of 50,000 words!

This week I have written considerably less. I did not write on the weekdays (actually, this entire month I have only written on weekends) because of school, extracurricular activities, family, etc. And this weekend, when I planned to write, I had my birthday to look forward to instead! Friday night, I picked up my friends and we all went to see The Hunger Games: Catching Fire on it's official release night! Then, we went shopping and they spent the night with me. The next morning, we went to the Santa Train, a tradition in my region, and I got to meet Kree Harrison (runner up of the most recent season of American Idol) and she wished me happy birthday! So this entire week, I have only gotten to write for one day: today. But, in that measure of time, I got quite a bit done.


So, the first time I wrote and edited this novel, the final first edition came out at:


 346,091 Characters - 63,905 Words - 4,368 Sentences - 2,216 Paragraphs - 15 Avg. Sentence Length - 28 Chapters


 Now, three weeks into rewriting it, I have written:


 156,274 Characters - 29,066 Words - 1,857 Sentences - 817 Paragraphs - 16 Avg. Sentence Length- 9 Chapters


 And to recap, I'll begin editing in December, and start querying again in January, just in time for the big publishing boom. So fingers crossed and stay tuned for next week's update! :)
Now, I am beginning week four. This entire week, I am going to write every single day. It's the homestretch. I have only 1 3/4 days of school this week, since they are letting out early on Tuesday for the holiday. I will write my fingers to the bones in order to write the last 21,000 words. This may sound like a lot, but I've written 29,000 in just three weekends. A complete week is more than enough time to finish this bad-boy.

So stay tuned. Next week, I'll be giving the final update for NaNoWriMo 2013 and signing off it until next year. Also, be on the look out for a movie review of Catching Fire, The Perks of Being A Wallflower, and more (possibly even The Spectacular Now!) and more book reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment